Friday, May 13, 2011

9 months!

Friday the 13th will always be a special day for me.  9 months ago on Friday, August 13th I took Sweetheart out of the Chickasha Animal Shelter and our odyssey began.  It has been 9 months of ups and downs but I must say the ups far outweigh the downs.

I never thought she would be doing so well and that she would be able to have all four legs, let alone run around on them like the wild Peanut she is.  I am so grateful for all of your support these last 9 months.  Every one of your comments has meant the world to me.

I am going to celebrate Sweetheart's birthday on August 13th 2011.  I figure it can be like a rebirth for her.  Perhaps I could have a Sweetheart birthday party for her.  

Thanks for keeping up with us through all the ups and downs.  I promise there will be more blogs and Sweetheart stories to come!  

Jess and Sweetheart

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your little Sweetheart with us! I always enjoy hearing about her antics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that, Mad Red Hare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check for Sweetheart news almost every day. At first, I really doubted that she'd be able to keep that leg. But what a fabulous comeback! And I'm glad you gave her her forever home....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing what the strong spirit of a beautiful dog and the strong love of a human can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck, 9 months, it's gone so quickly! But you've done you and Sweetheart proud in that time. Looking at your header photo it's hard to believe she's the same dog in the 'after' one:) Well done both of you!

    ReplyDelete