So Thanksgiving is upon us. I hope that everyone is able to spend it with their loved ones.
Sweetheart is doing fine. Her leg still looks ratty but that is to be expected. She still has another week of antibiotics to go. She isn't licking it too terribly much. She doesn't really put much weight on it when she is just walking normally. However, when she gets excited outside she will run like the wind on all four legs. :) Looking at her lying on the floor right now, it appears the tendon that extends down the back of the leg is getting stronger. This tendon, while in the bandage, was very loose and pliable since she was not able to use it.
Sweetheart continues to eat fine and her weight is pretty well stabilized as it has been for a while now. I probably won't take her back to Kolar's for her spay for a few weeks. There is no rush to get her spayed. She has not come into heat and I doubt she will for a while due to her extreme emaciation. Her poor little hormones are probably still out of whack from all she has been through the last six to nine months. I figure she will most likely be able to be spayed by the end of the year.
So you all know how I like to pose questions to everyone periodically. Well, I am doing it again. I want everyone who reads this post to comment on 5, yes 5, things they are most thankful for. Below is my list!
1. Thankful that Sweetheart is so far along with her recovery.
2. Thankful that I am healthy and happy.
3. Thankful I have my Mom and Dad and that I am close to both of them.
4. Thankful for Les and his ability to put up with me and our crazy dogs.
5. Thankful for my friendship with Debbie and all the things I learned about how to live life to the fullest.
6. Thankful for all of YOU who have given me support through these last few months.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.