Friday, October 14, 2011

Eve update and the Komen 5K

Eve is negative for heartworms and erlichia (tick borne disease).  She does have internal parasites but these will be treated with Panacur and should be cleared up very soon.

Dr. Kendi said she was eating great again today and has not had to go back on IV fluids.

I am waiting to hear when I can bring her home.  I would imagine not before the first part of next week.  I don't want to rush her home and then have her have a set back.  She is in good hands at Dr. Kolar's office.

I just hope she isn't a cat killer because Kitty would not be happy about that!

Tomorrow I am participating in a 5K walk for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  Debbie will have been gone a year October 30th.  I am having mixed feelings about doing this walk.  I want to do it to honor her but I know seeing those survivors and those fighting this disease is going to make me so sad that Debbie is no longer here.  A group of co workers and I are going to do the walk and we are having brunch afterwards so I think it will be bittersweet and fun at the same time.  I just wish Debbie were here to do this with us.  Be sure to tell your friends and family you love them because you never know when they will be gone.  And give your fur babies lovies too.  :)  Sweetheart says so!

Jess and Sweetheart

2 comments:

  1. Glad Eva is still doing well.

    Good luck on the walk. Try and remember the happy times with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie would be very proud and honored that you for doing this in her memory

    ReplyDelete