Thursday, November 3, 2011


Sweetheart is doing a 100 times better today so that means I am less of an emotional train wreck.  Her leg and chest appear a less swollen and bruised already and she is moving around on the leg with a bit more ease.

Sweetheart came into the living room with us last night about 8:30 or so and she slept in the living room all night. She was bright eyed and wagging her tail this morning.  She has gone out a couple of times already today.  Her appetite is good and she took her medicine with no problems.

I did put a t-shirt on her since she has started licking the bottom portion of the incision.  I put a big one on her and she almost fell over tripping on it.  I figured I didn't want her to break a leg so I put a smaller one on her.  She isn't quite she about the whole t-shirt thing but she is such a good patient she is coping nicely.  The other dogs are rather interested in the t-shirt.  :)  The Rimadyl seemed to help so I gave her one this morning.  She isn't in as much pain (isn't acting like it at least) so I think we are good with the Rimadyl.

I am staying home from work today and tomorrow to watch over her and make sure the other dogs don't bother her.  It makes me feel better to be able to keep an eye on her versus worrying about her all day at work.

Jess and Sweetheart


  1. Glad Sweetheart is doing better.

  2. So glad to hear she is doing better. I have used a pony tail elastic to bunch up a t-shirt on a hound before. That might help her keep from tripping on it. I'll bet she looks cute in her t-shirt though!

  3. I'm glad to hear that she's doing better! :)

  4. Don't ever blame yourself! If you reread your own posts as if you were someone else, you will see what a sainht you have been. Friday morning one of my greys, out of the blue, attacked my older, laid-back boy, giving him $950 worth of wounds, stitches, repair etc. all 5 had been sitting in the living room enjoying the fireplace (propane)--and then boom--an unsolicited attack. The vet explained that, when sudden changes happen in the home, stress mounts--and we had just come out of 6 days w/out electricity--no water, heat, music etc--so you never know what sets them off.
    Bless you for all that you have done and are doing!