Thursday, October 21, 2010

Under the weather

Sweetheart isn't feeling good tonight.  Her eyes are aren't as bright and she is kind of listless.  She has been outside most of the day but the weather is cool and she had plenty of water and shade.

She came in and ate a couple of treats and drank some whater.  I put her outside right after that because it appeared she had to pee.  I went to let her back in and she just laid in the yard.  I went over to her and she rolled on her side and wanted me to pet her.  I had to coax her into the house and had to lift her her up the steps.  She could walk them just fine, she just didn't want to.  She is now curled up on her air bed.

I am worried about her.  I am going to have Lester take her to Dr. Kolar's as soon as he gets up to see what the deal is.  I don't know if maybe her leg is infected or she just has a cold.  Of course I am thinking the absolute worst and worrying like crazy.  I keep telling myself if she lived through what she did in Chickasha surely she won't take a turn for the worse but so far it isn't helping my worry at all.  .

Keep us in your thoughts.  I feel like I did when we first rescued her, worried and watching her.  I know I am probably over reacting.  I will update the blog as soon as I know what the deal is with her.

Jess

11 comments:

  1. Erika , Mom to MortyOctober 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM

    As we Humans , maybe she has a little Off Day.I will look for an Update on her Condition.
    Thank you for taking such good Care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's just a little tummy upset or something and nothing serious. Could she be coming into season? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much effort as her body is putting into healing her leg and regain her weight, I'd bet that her immune system is a little weak. She might be more susceptible to a little cold bug or something of the like at the moment. Of course, one of our girls often has little tummy upsets after eating a little too much grass in the yard once in a while. Fingers crossed here that she'll be feeling much perkier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be thinking pawsitive thoughts for Sweetheart. Keep us posted for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe an insect bite, too much grass, or perhaps she's just been overdoing it a little too much. Let's be positive. Glad Les will take her to see Dr Kolar.

    Calm blue ocean.

    X Spiffo & Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe she is missing Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck. Hopefully it's something minor. We will worry too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I sure hope it's nothing serious. I am sending her healing positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that everything is okay w/ Miss S. Keep us posted and am sending healing positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hugs and kisses for sweetheart! let me know if i can help at all. sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete