Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Evening update

Sweetheart continues to do well.  Eating fine and becoming more active.  She had more visitors today and they took some nice pictures.  I cannot post these right now since I am in Texas but will try to when I have a little time tomorrow.  I apologize for not getting this update sooner but I have been busy with my friend all day today and we just got back.

We are still on pace to get Sweetheart Saturday and barring disaster I don't see a delay in her coming home.  I hope to buy her dog food and crate bowls prior to heading back to Oklahoma Friday afternoon.

Please keep my friend in your thoughts.  Her treatments are rough and she continues to be so strong and brave.  I am grateful to have her as my friend.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking time to give us updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates. Sending prayers and good thoughts for your friend and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad pretty girl is continuing to do well. What a sweet thing for you to do, to help your friend -- cancer treatment is rough indeed. Hoping she gets through this patch to better days. -- Batmom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim and I had the most gracious honor of visiting Sweetheart today.(Wednesday 25th) We absolutely fell in love with this baby. Bright eyed, full of energy, sweet, sweet, and did I mention sweet. You would never know by her attitude that she has been going through so much. She obviously still has a long way to go, but from seeing those first pictures and seeing her with our own eyes, it's amazing she's the same dog. Her spirit is one that I wish we all could learn from. When others knock you down and you think it couldn't get any worse, there will be a special someone to come along and help you back up. Jessica, you are a special person with a special gift and you will be even more blessed with Sweetheart in your life. We took Olive with us too, they met, and then I think Olive got bored and didn't know what all the big fuss was about, so she wanted to shop for Chewy Piggys since no one else was paying attention to her. Oops. Of course she never scored any of those kind of treats.:) We hope to see Sweetheart again someday, until then we are confident she is in the best of hands and will make a full recovery. Everyone should meet this beautiful sweet Greyhound. Her name says it all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special place in heaven for you me thinks, although not just yet. Your dedication to Sweetheart and your mate in Texas is wonderful! I just hope that you have someone looking out for you.

    All our love Spiffo and Cami.

    ReplyDelete